Registration for the new school year begins in the spring. A registration fee is paid at the time of registration. A refund may be obtained if withdrawal is necessary before school begins, only if the family is transferred or moves from the Ponca City area. Refunds may not be given for families who withdraw their children in order to attend another school in the Ponca City area. All new students accepted at St. Mary’s Catholic School are placed on a nine-week probationary period. At the end of this probationary period, the classroom teacher will evaluate the student’s academic, behavioral performance and determine whether or not the program of the school meets the needs of the child.
The priority for admission is on a first come, first served basis, as follows:
- Active parishioner with children currently enrolled in school or oldest child enrolling in Preschool I
- Active parishioner transferring into the parish, enrolling children from another Catholic school
- Active parishioner with children not presently enrolled
- Other parishioners
- Active Catholics who are not members of St. Mary’s Catholic School
**An active parishioner is one who participates in regular attendance at Mass and in parish life.
The following requirements must be met in order to gain admission to St. Mary’s Catholic School:
- All students entering St. Mary’s Catholic School must be potty trained.
- A student entering Pre-School I must be three (3) years old on, or before, September 1st of the current school year.
- A student entering Pre-School II must be four (4) years old on, or before, September 1st of the current school year.
- A student entering Kindergarten must be five (5) years old on, or before, September 1st of the current school year.
- A Birth Certificate must be provided.
- A Baptismal Certificate for all baptized Catholics must be provided.
- A current immunization record must be provided. The office must have this before the student can attend classes.
- Verification of citizenship status must be provided (i.e. Social Security Card).
- Books and fees must be paid upon enrollment. If there are multiple students attending St. Mary’s Catholic School, then at least one of the students’ books and fees need to be paid upon enrolling.
- A completed enrollment form must be submitted.